Because of their building and sturdiness, intermediate bulk containers are an excellent various to the usual drum that’s nonetheless so prevalent throughout the U.S.
The benefits of an IBC tank over a drum cowl each side of container utilization:
- Disposal issues
- Product loss
- Transport prices
- Labor prices
- Legal responsibility points
The explanations that many transporters are choosing IBCs over drums are clear:
73% discount in container prices
- You solely must lease one 550-gallon IBC tank vs. ten 55-gallon drums.
Eradication of all pallet prices
- IBC tanks have 3- or 4-way fork channels; pallets will not be required.
90% decrease labor prices
- Time spent dealing with, filling, storing and transporting is decreased.
96% reduce in product loss
- Fewer containers, with sloped drains providing higher drainage, imply much less product loss.
55% discount in disposal, cleansing & return freight
- It is far more environment friendly to scrub and return one IBC month-to-month than get rid of 120 drums.
75% distinction within the complete annual value for six,600 gallons
- $1.48/gallon for drums vs. $0.38/gallon for IBC tanks
Immeasurable aid from issues over disposal and legal responsibility
- IBCs are reusable, environmentally pleasant and fewer more likely to be discovered dumped illegally.
Switching from drums to IBC tanks not solely saves cash but additionally preserves peace of thoughts. IBCs can cut back the variety of office accidents and accidents, since staff use forklifts – as an alternative of brute drive — to maneuver the tanks.
Utilizing IBC totes instead of drums can also reduce filling and dealing with instances by as a lot as 80 %: Fewer containers means much less time opening and shutting tanks. IBCs additionally drain extra rapidly and fully, decreasing reside disposal alongside the way in which.